Join me on this Journey!

Dallas, TX
Sharing with the you the things I learn along the way...

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Carolina

This past weekend Jin and I went to North Carolina for a little rest and relaxation! I wish I had taken some pictures but we were just having too much fun! First, we flew into Fayetteville around 10 pm and drove back to Goldsboro with Jin's mom. We stayed up till almost 2 AM with Jin's parents and little sister, Jessica, looking through old family pictures for the wedding. It was so fun :)

The next morning we got up and drove to the Bojangles in Clayton to meet with Chris and Cathleen Thore to talk about Summershine!! Summershine is the ministry that we will be working with in Newburgh, NY this summer. We will be driving up there around July 11 and spending three months in an RV working at the KOA kampground planning activities for families. We spent several hours with them going over the plans for the summer. I am SO thankful for this opportunity and excited to see what God does.

Then we headed to the wedding! It was so fun to see Elizabeth and Joel get married and see lots of old friends. Jin hadn't seen a lot of his college friends in a year so it was a great time of catching up and hearing about the last year. After the wedding we headed back to Goldsboro and hung out, ate some "Kimchi Jjigae", and watched our new favorite show "Bones". The next morning we got up early and drove back to Fayetteville to head home.

Then we had Mother's Day lunch with my family and got ready for the week. It was a great weekend and I'm sad that its over, but looking forward to July 1!!!

Sorry this post is just text...I always forget to take pictures!!

No comments: